Thursday, December 13, 2012

Best way I can describe is terror in my soul in my own home

The night started off ok. I was feeling happy that this was Thursday, which mean that it is the night that Alex comes home late. Even though Harout was sick and did not make his concert, I tried to move beyond and put the script behind me.

Alex came home, and immediately, we start taking our spots. As Charlie described, "you are all like mouses running away and clearing his path."  Mariam accidentally dropped an ornament from the beautiful tree. Maybe it was an excuse for him to explode, but the subject was there. The subject tonight was not me, Harout, Mariam or the dogs, it was the ornament.

He completely went into Hollywood mode and acted like the life is about to end because the pieces of the ornament had spattered all over the floor.  His concern, "I don't want to step on this stuff in my bare feet."

The whole time Mariam needed reassurance to move beyond her fear. I tried to give it to her, I assured her, and assured that she did not cause this.  However, I know deep down she wanted her father's reassurance.

Then the subject turned to me (as it always does). I could not wait to move away from the scene, from him... and he caught me on that, he was even more annoyed. He went downstairs, yelled, kicked, threw things with loud forces.

The trio (aka me, Harout, Mariam) froze in our places.  The terror of his rage is so harsh. There is no fix, and at that moment, I know we are all praying for some miracle so the rage will stop.

This is me... this is my life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment